- Quinoa 1/4 cup
- Whole Moong green dal 1/4 cup
- Jaggery 1/2 cup
- Coconut 1/4 cup (optional)
- Water 2 cups
- Ghee 1 1/2 tsp
- Nuts few
- Walnuts (Soked)
- Sun flowers seeds
- Chirongi Nuts (Saara pappu)
- Soak the Whole green moong dal at least 1/2 hour.
- Soak the jaggery in the hot water. The dirt will sit in the bottom. We can use whenever we need.
- Boil the water in a vessel, when it bubbling, add washed quinoa, whole moong dal.
- Let it cook for a 15-20 mins (You can use Pressure cooker about 3 whistles. )
- After 20mins the Quinoa and moong dal cooked smoothly.
- (If you are using pressure cooker, after 3 whistles, take out the lid , then Jaggery water, coconut, ghee etc…)
- Now add Jaggery water, Coconut and let it cook for 10 more mins.
- Add Ghee and switch off the stove.
- Fry the all nuts in the ghee and pour it into the pongal.
- Enjoy the hot hot pongal.