- Rava / Sooji / Semolina 1 cup
- Ghee 2 tsp
- Water 1/3 cup
- Sugar 3/4 cups (you can take 1/2 cup also)
- Nuts few (I have taken sunflower Seeds, Raisins, Cashews)
- Cardamom 1 (I didn’t use in this recipe)
- In a pan, add ghee, nuts, Sooji Rava, dry roast them over medium heat for 5 mins.
- Turn off the stove, transfer this Rava into another dish.
- In the same pan, add water, sugar and bring to boil over medium heat for 4-5 mins.
- After 4-5 mins, reduce the flame, keep on the string in between.
- Cook it until gets “One string” consistency.
- Add roasted rava into the sugar syrup, mix it. And cook for 1-2 mins.
- If you are using cardamom powder, add it now.
- Switch off the stove.
- Cover the lid and keep for at least 1 – hours, until syrup is soaked well with sooji.
- Mix altogether once properly, then start to form ladoos. In between wet your palm in the water, and continue to do ladoos. (see notes: 3)
- Garnish with cashew on top of ladoo.
- These ladoos taste better after 4-5 hours or next day, once the syrup is been well soaked in sooji. The taste will be very soft and smooth.
- You can add dry coconut also, the same ratio as Rava (1 cup rava, 1 cup dry coconut powder, 1 cup sugar).
- While making laddos, wet your palm in the water, the laddo will come out perfect shape and smooth, otherwise the Ladoo will stick into your palm, not able to do shape properly.
- Keep all Ladoos in the air tight container.