Chole / Kabuli channa 1 cup
Dry yellow peas 1/4 cup
Boiled potato 2 medium size
Tomatoes 2 medium size
Mint leaves 1 handful
Cilantro 1 small bunch leaves
Garam masala 1/4 tsp
Yogurt 1 tbs (optional)
Chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Soak the chole/kabuli channa and dry peas together for at least 5-7 hours.
- Pressure cook the chole and dry peas along with the potatoes.
- Take half of the amount of the cooked chole, dry peas and make a paste. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add oil, chopped onions and pinch of salt, let it cook until onions get a golden brown color.
- Now, add tomatoes and ginger garlic paste, and let it cook till tomatoes get smashed.
- Add chili powder, salt, garam masala, chopped mint leaves and cilantro, cook it a minute.
- Now, add smashed boiled potato, boiled chole, dry peas and chole paste. Mix it properly.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water into it, mix it and let it boil at least 15 mins.
- Switch off the stove.
- Take the cutlet in a bowl, keep the chopped onions + one spoon of yogurt + chopped cilantro + crushed pani poori and lemon juice and serve it.
- If you wish, you can serve sweet chutney and mint chutney too.