- Kodo Millets 1/2 cup ( any millet)
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Onion 1/2
- Green Pease
- Meal maker / Soy chunks
- Oil 2 tsp
- Butter 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Water 3 cups
- Tomato 1/2 in medium size
- Mint leaves few
- Cilantro few l
- Mint leaves few (optional)
- Green chilli 1, 2
- Clove pods 2
- Cinnamon stick 1/4″ inch 1
- Somopu / fennel seeds 1/4 tsp
- Soak the millets for atleast 15mins.
- Boil 3-4 cups of water in a vessel, add soya chunks, and SWITCH off the stove. Add soya chunks and leave them in the hot water till they soften. Drain it out.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, sliced onions into it. Let it fry until get golden a brown color.
- In meanwhile, grind all the ingredients mentioned under “to grind” to smooth paste.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, along with veggies and salt.
- Now, add the masala paste and fry well for 2-3 mins, until the raw smell disappears.
- Add, soaked kodo millets into it and add the water. Let it cook until the millets get soft. It may take around 20-25 mins. (You can use pressure cooker / electric cooker).
- After done the millets and add butter. Switch off the stove. Keep the lid on it and do not disturb for 5 mins.
- Serve with raita.