- Soaked Walnuts 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Soak the walnuts in hot water for 2 hours. OR overnight (I prefer to do overnight).
- Peel the skin.
- Make a smooth paste along with 2 tbsp of water.
- Add 1tbsp of ghee and add the walnut paste, fry until it gets dry on low medium flame. It may take around 5-10 mins.
- The paste would start becoming dry and thick.
- Then, add sugar and mix it.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and stir it.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee
- Continue to stir it, until gets the halwa consistency. It may take around 15-20 mins.
- Grease the plate with ghee, pour the halwa and cut it into pieces.
- Keep it in air tight container and store it for 2, 3 days.